Dancers Tamara Sol Flys (center) and Sara Jerez with guitarist Miguelito at La Tasca in Old Town Alexandria. February 17, 2010 (photo by Stan Peters)
It's noon-ish on Wednesday as I type these words. It's my day off and I'm at home finishing a few errands before heading out to enjoy the day. Before I talk about the new Sevillanas show, let me get these urgent announcements out of the way. Seriously, it's quite a busy week for flamenco in DC! Here's what's coming up in the next few days:
- Thursday February 24th at 7:30pm - Flamenco Night at El Manantial in Reston, Virginia. Singer Gerard Moreno, guitarist Ramin Rad with dancers Sarah Hart and Isabel Otero. 703-742-6466
- Thursday February 24th at 7:30pm - Flamenco Night at Jalapeño's Restaurant in Annapolis, Maryland. Singer Carlton Ashton, guitarist Behzad Habibzai with dancers Anna Menéndez, Sara Jerez and Pam de Ocampo. 410-266-7580
- Thursday February 24th at 7:30pm - Sevillanas Night at La Tasca Old Town in Alexandria, Virginia. Dancers Sara Candela and Renee Lamont with guitarist Miguelito.
- Thursday February 24th at 7:45pm - Flamenco at Las Tapas in Alexandria, Virginia. Dancers Edwin Aparicio and Tamara Sol Flys with guitarist Richard Marlow. 703-836-4000
- Friday February 25 at 8:00pm - Flamenco at Current Lounge in Dupont Circle. Presented by International Club of DC (tickets required).
- Saturday February 26 at 6:00pm - Berklee Flamenco at the Kennedy Center's Millennium Stage. TIP: arrive an hour early to line-up to get a good seat. FREE!
- Saturday February 26 at 7:30pm - Flamenco at Cafe Citron in Dupont Circle. Dancer Sara Jerez and guitarist Miguelito. 202-530-8844
- Sunday February 27 at 7:30pm - Furia Flamenca's Lorca: Flamenco Poetry at the Atlas Performing Arts Center presented by Intersections: A New America Arts Festival.
So what's so special about the new Sevillanas show at La Tasca in Old Town Alexandria?